Monday 27 September 2010

London Fashion Weekend

On Sunday, I went to London Fashion Weekend at Somerset House in London. Having previously been in February I knew what to expect of it, but of course that didn't stop me feeling highly excited in anticipation for the day.

I arrived at 12:30 pm and promptly spent the next two or so hours blissfully walking around Somerset House gawping and touching all the clothes being sold (for those of you unware, this event is the opportunity for designers to sell their clothes to a larger market). All the items being sold, jewellery, clothes, shoes etc were sold at much lower than their regular price, so for me, this was retail heaven!

I was able to buy a simple DKNY top for everyday use for £10 and I also bought two books, one by Kelly Cutrone (boss of People's Revolution) and a book on the late Alexander Mcqueen's past collections throughout his fashion career (Genius of a Generation).

I was also lucky enough to buy a ticket to view the catwalk show, where the models showcased the clothes being sold inside Somerset House for the consumerist public. Zara Martin hosted the catwalk show and came across very well to the audience.

Afterwards, I met my grandparents for tea at the lovely Grosvenor House in central London, and ate just one too many scones!

(Pictures to be uploaded soon, I need to figure out how to upload them because blogger.com has changed the format!)

No comments:

Post a Comment