Wednesday 1 September 2010

Would you wear it?

A-line is one of the new seasons shapes for skirts, along with maxi's still fresh from the summer and new midi-length skirts as seen at Prada. Denim is still very much on trend and these two trends have been translated into a skirt first seen on the catwalk for Stella McCartney last season for SS10.

It has now been copied by retailers Reiss and Topshop into similar looking skirts for this season.

Reiss - £89


Topshop - £35

Now, don't get me wrong I love these skirts as an item, but when I look at these I can't help but think of my mum circa 1990's wearing these to work and taking me to school. They are nice but so...mumsy. However way you wear them - with a camel silk blouse or tan leather brogues, your still going to look older than your age. Perhaps this is one trend to skip out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment