Monday 14 June 2010

London College of Fashion's Graduate Collection Preview 2010

For the select few, (me included) on the Thursday of half term, I was invited to go and view the London college of fashions graduate 2010 collection. It was a really good experience as I was able to view the designers creative insight into each piece of their collection. Each student had designed around 7-9 pieces per collection and each collection varied intensely.

I would like to apologise in advance for my crappy camera quality! If you would like to get me a new one...I wouldn't complain!

Here are a few of my favourite looks:



06 (Top Left) was one of my favourite looks because I really feel that the designer had created these clothes with the vision of people wearing these in their mind. Nod and shake your heads all you want but I have a strong feeling cycling shorts are coming back!

09 - (Bottom Middle) is one of my favourite looks because this is definately an outfit I would LOVE to wear. The pastel shade tailored trousers and layering of the pastel shirts and the big furry gilet just give the outfit the wow factor.

18 (Bottom Right) is my fav fav fav look. You all know what a big lover or Miu Miu and Chanel I am. Well, this look combines the both for me! The collar and the embellishment of this outfit make it 'So Miu Miu SS10' but the fraying and pom-pom top and skirt also make this 'Chanel-esque'. Really love this one.

11 (Top Right) features a long skirt, just below the knee and from the recent designer collections this student has followed the soon-to-be trend of just-below-the-knee skirt lines. Par example - Marc Jacobs recent LV show.

So many good looks, they were all well thought out but these ones were my favourite.

The show took place in Central London and it started at 8pm later than expected, but no surprise there, thats fashion! Awards were given out to the students who the judges had felt had produced the best items. The winners were as follows:

Best Embellishment Award - Vilvin Sabu



Surface Textiles Award - Yelena Loguiiko



Design and Technology Award - Karashima Shahani



Collection of the Year - Nattaphon Sampataphakdee



A lot of the clothes were brilliant but just too damn crazy to be worn in public, however I wish them all the best of luck and hope they manage to develop their designing skills into a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment